Sunday, May 21, 2017

Wonder Woman Final Trailer, My Thoughts

Well, the final trailer for the Amazing Amazon's solo live-action film debut is here! And here it is for your viewing pleasure.


This trailer does something I noticed in the Blade Runner 2049 trailer. Before it actually starts, the trailer just shows some random shots. I don't see the point of this. I think it's a bit unnecessary. We're going to probably see these shots in the trailer itself, so why do this?

Anyway, the trailer really begins with Wonder Woman ascending a ladder and getting ready to hand out some Amazon-style beatings. Over this is what appears to be what I think may be Hippolyta talking to a young Diana, saying fighting doesn't make a person a hero. And there's a scene with a child, who I am presuming is Diana, getting tucked in, aww.

Based on this conversation, I think we can safely assume that Hippolyta has had experience with Man's/Patriarch's World before. Is the whole thing with Hercules DCEU canon?

Gal Gadot does an epic dive. Prince Vultan approves of this dive.



Heh heh, Steve Trevor is wondering if Diana is part of a crazy Jonestown-esque cult. "I'd make a reference to Jim Jones, but he won't be born for about two decades."

Still not quite feeling this film's take on Paradise Island. What's with the giant spiral? This is a land that's supposed to be based on Ancient Greece. Where are the columns? The Parthenon-esque buildings? The statues of Aphrodite and Athena? The temples?

I knew it! I knew Doctor Poison would be one of the villains of this movie! I totally called it!

The bit with Diana grabbing the Wonder Woman gear is great. And her exchange with Steve over where the war was. See, DCEU? A little humor doesn't hurt anyone. I also liked the bits with Etta Candy and the dress, and Steve Trevor trying to explain what Diana is over the shots of Diana in action. It is nice that the scene does provide an explanation for the "Diana Prince" identity.

The trailer ends with a whole bunch of action scenes, showing off what to expect, lots of explosions, lots of fighting, Wonder Woman smashing a man through a window with her shield, that kind of stuff.

I've been hearing a lot of critics say this film is actually quite good. I hope so. The DCEU needs a win right now. They really do. Wonder Woman deserves to have a film that is actually good. I want to give this film a shot, so bring it on, Princess Diana! Let's see what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment