Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Trailer, My Thoughts!

In honor of one of the most popular games on the Wii U coming to the Switch, Mario Kart 8, let's take a look at the overview trailer for the Switch edition!



First of all, I do have to say, I have rather...limited experience with the Mario Kart series. I have played the very first SNES game, LOVED the N64 game, played Double Dash!! for the GameCube, and I own Super Circuit for the GBA. The game does look like a real treat for the eyes.

You know, with Link as a racer, as well as characters from Animal Crossing and Splatoon, I can't help but wonder if maybe they should just outright make a Super Smash Racing game. It'd be a great spin-off to the Smash Bros. franchise. Would be nice to see Captain Falcon in a racing game again. Probably the closest we'll get to a new F-Zero game.

40 characters, and 48 tracks. Wow. That is awesome. And it's neat that they brought back the whole "can hold two items" thing from Double Dash!!

Hey, the Balloon Battle! I remember that from Mario Kart 64! I wonder if they'll include a map from that game for this. Older tracks do tend to reappear in these games. Renegade Round-Up and Bob-Omb Blast also seem like tons of fun.

The Battle Courses look amazing! I really liked that they included one from the original SNES Mario Kart. And one from Splatoon!

Hope this game has good online battling. And is that F-Zero music I hear in the background?!

This is an awesome trailer! I've got a Wii U, maybe I should pick this game up...

No comments:

Post a Comment