Monday, May 15, 2017

Blade Runner 2049 Full Trailer, My Thoughts

Hey there, folks! Blade Runner 2049 is getting ready to hit theaters! Back in January, I gave my thoughts on the teaser, now there's a full trailer! Let's take a look!


The trailer begins with a flying car streaking past a building. Heh heh, Atari. Yup, Atari is still a big game company in the Blade Runner universe. I wonder what their latest console is in this world? The Atari 200000? Or the Atari Ocelot?

We see Agent K (Ryan Gosling) aiming his gun at something, and what appears to be Harrison Ford's Rick Deckard about to punch someone. I'm guessing someone called him Han Solo again.

Ooh, giant holographic lady. I wonder if she knows Lyla from Spider-Man 2099. You know, that would make a great crossover. I want to see Agent K and Rick Deckard meet Miguel O'Hara. How can we make this happen?

All this was just before the trailer actually started. Okay.

The trailer really begins with a shot of the famous Tyrell Corporation building. You know, since Roy Batty killed Tyrell, I wonder what happened to his company. Did he have any relatives? Was there plans in place in case he died?

Heh heh, Atari.

We see K and a woman walking in what I think may be the Tyrell building, the walls lined with blank mannequins in clear display cases. Are these what replicants look like before they are made to look like humans? And I still can't get over that Ryan Gosling's character is named "K".

We then hear Jared Leto talking about how every civilization was built on the back of a disposable workforce. Nice to see Leto still is getting work after Suicide Squad. Based on those things on his eyes, I think his character may be blind. Anyway, his character remarks he can only make so many. I'm guessing his character is the replicant maker. Which makes me wonder if he may be connected to the late Tyrell. Maybe a relative?

We see a woman saying that "they" keep order. I think she may be K's boss.

I wonder who is that girl K is hugging?

I don't know why, but I just think it's awesome seeing K and Deckard speaking to each other.

We then hear Jared Leto saying that some key to the future has been found. I wonder what that could mean?

We see some action shots and...hey, Dave Bautista! He's everywhere these days. The way in this movie, I can't help but think that he's going to yell at someone to get off his lawn. Or literally throw someone off it.

A woman then tells K he is special. Okay...

The final shot is of K standing over a book with some pages torn out. The expression on his face is really weird, it's like he's both happy and sad at the same time.

This was an interesting trailer. I have seen the original Blade Runner, so I'll give this a try. Sounds like it'll be an interesting film.

No comments:

Post a Comment