Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Atomic Blonde Trailer, My Thoughts

What do you get when you take Charlize Theron, put a blonde wig on her, and drop her in Cold War-era Berlin with spy skills? You get the upcoming film Atomic Blonde. And here's the trailer!


I have to admit, I didn't think much about this movie at first, until I learned it was set in 1989, before the fall of the Berlin Wall. I happen to have a fondness for 80s stuff, so I thought I might give the trailer a looksee.

It starts with Charlize Theron being accosted by a group of guys. One of the guys is apparently taking out a black bodybag. How's he going to explain this to anyone he passes by?

Passerby: What's with the full bodybag?
Mook: Uh...prank. He's asleep. We're pranking him. Yeah, that's the ticket....

Charlize Theron reaches into her champagne holder, where she keeps a gun in the ice. How long has that gun been in there? And wouldn't the cold mess it up? Anyway, Charlize Theron shoots the dudes. That's awesome. I wonder if she'll stuff them in the bodybag.

Passerby: What's with the full bodybag?
Charlize Theron: Uh...prank. They're asleep. I'm pranking them. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Nice 80s groove to accompany the trailer. Is that New Order?

Hey, John Goodman! That guy's been doing a lot of stuff lately. Good for him. He deserves work.

Yeah, she totally knew that dead guy.

So, Charlize Theron is being sent to hunt down a guy who is attacking operatives. I am expecting shenanigans. And there are shenanigans. In the form of Theron beating down some dudes with her shoe. If I ever end up in a car with Charlize Theron in the 80s...tell my family I love them.

That bit with meeting the contact was hilarious. "I got your shoe!" I'm also assuming Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" is his theme song.

Okay, how did they get all those people to open umbrellas at the same time?! It's not even raining!

Hi, Sofia Boutella! Looking forward to seeing you in The Mummy!

Charlize made contact with Sofia indeed, dude. She did indeed. Wow. ...Mr. Takei?


Thank you, Mr. Takei.

Ouch. To that dude who got whipped in the nards and then took a freezer door to the face, I hope your employers gave you good health insurance. You're gonna need it.

I am scared of Charlize Theron. And why is Kanye West in this? Egomaniac has to appear in some form in everything. Ah well, the song fits.

Charlize Theron beating up evil dudes is awesome.

This was a cool trailer. This film sounds like it'll be an absolute blast. Just something to turn your brain off and enjoy two hours of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment